Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally Codi's Turn :)


Codi left Wednesday for the 5th grade outdoor ed trip. It was such a different experience leading up to her leaving than it was with Carli. Carli does not stay away from home good at all...actually it was an emotional roller coaster for all of us when Carli went 2 years ago. With a "tough love" approach...Craig and I made her go...it is only 2 nights which would be good for her to get used to. She shed many tears...in fact, I ended buying the mom in her cabin a pedicure gift certificate for her help in getting Carli through it (and because she had to listen to her when she was upset)...Codi has been wanting to pack for the last 2 weeks!! She checked her list of what to bring over and over...She was up with me yesterday at 445am hoping it was time to get ready!! How do two kids from the same gene pool become so different?? Anyways...I hope our little Codster is having a great time...we miss her.

4 comments:

kkp1220 said...

we missed you at the volleyball game yesterday codi;-( Hope you are having fun

Bill and Paige said...

I'm sure she's having a blast! It is truly amazing how different your 2 kids are:)

Tami said...

I remember when Codi was shy and didn't want to leave moms side.... seems like yesterday :0

late4game said...

Cari, I just got on your blog and have enjoyed reading your past posts. I will trade you Rich for Craig in the OCD dept. I'd kill to have a neat freak who could fix things!!! I hope Codi had a great time at camp. Thanks for the ride to the airport. It was nice seeing you. PK