Saturday, August 23, 2008

...let the chaos begin :)

I should begin this post by saying thank you to my parents (well mostly my mom...she was really the taxi service)...As the girls become involved in extra activities, I have much more appreciation for their unselfishness!!! I will admit that I did make it a little easier on Craig and I by exposing them to volleyball more than softball right now...It is an "indoor" sport!! My parents sat at softball games all summer long for me (We even had a double header the day that it hit 122 degrees here)!! Carli had a very stressful week!! Well it's more stressful for her because she is the "first born" personality!! She had tryouts for her school volleyball team. There were 50-60 girls that tried out...she was a nervous, hormonal wreck all week!! On Friday at the third day of tryouts, she found out she made it!! We are very proud of her and she is beyond excited!! This means a few more trips for the taxi service :) It kills Codi that she has to wait 2 more years to try out (it is only for 7th and 8th graders). Another week of school in the books...and it was my first week of practice with my girls volleyball team...let's just say it is going to be a 'rebuilding' year :) That really isn't possible with JV girls but that is how I will look at it! They are working hard...which is all that matters :) I guess... The Olympics are almost over... I really have had my fair share of diving anyways!! Of course the Chinese are gonna be good...how big of a splash can you make when you weigh 60lbs?? I actually enjoyed watching Syncronized Swimming today!!!

3 comments:

kkp1220 said...

congrats carli...knew you would make it? when is the season over the girls need your help

Tami said...

Yea Carli :) Cari if Codi ever wants to come over on Carli's early morning practices she is more than welcome.

Bill and Paige said...

Yeah for Carli! Did we not think she would make the team...you are her MOM!