Monday, November 16, 2009

Controlling the hormones!!!

I know that people say "where has the time gone" all the time...but seriously...especially with Carli..she has become such a young adult in the last month or so...Along with the growing up so fast comes the transition "attitude"...I'm not sure if attitude is the correct word...but she is very expressive lately.

Which leads me to the best discipline strategy!!!...I am a genius!!...It took me a long time to give in to the whole cell phone idea for her...I work around 15 year girls all day..I have seen the bad choices they make with their cell phones. A couple of weeks ago a parent at Carli's school was thanking me for have such a wonderful daughter...to make a long story short...This parent's daughter has special needs and for the last 3 years Carli has been really good with her in classes..teachers have intentionally kept them in same groups knowing Carli would help out...Instantly I was reminded what a good kid she is and felt compelled to go buy her a phone.

...back to me (or Craig and I to keep it fair) being a genius...We now have a wonderful little piece of technology to dangle over her potentially sassy/moody/rotten 13 year old. :))


Yesterday we took some pictures at Cassie's wedding shower...standing next to her I realized she is quickly catching me!!!



3 comments:

kkp1220 said...

Love how both match in your purple;-0

Bill and Paige said...

you look great!

Yeah! she finally got a phone...hope you got unlimited texts:)

Sandy said...

i am dreading the day we have to give Brooke a phone!! Can't believe how grown up your girls are getting ;)